It's an amazing time to join O’Neill as we are riding the wave of change. Rise to your potential and help us take our legacy into the future.
Do you have great interest to bring marketing of a well known brand to the next level? Do you have experience in brand activation campaigns to promote products or to boost a brand’s image in a more general sense and would you like to work for The Original California Surf brand O’Neill? Then we are looking for you!
BRAND ACTIVATION MANAGER
Full time - 40 hours per week
The Brand Activation Manager manages and delivers premium-class campaigns and activations across our owned, earned and paid platforms and in cooperation with account platforms both off- and online. The Brand Activation Manager is a highly motivated, committed and talented team player that brings a fresh perspective to the team, the accounts and sponsor partners and is not afraid to challenge the status quo to drive positive change.
The role is based in Warmond (nearby Leiden) and reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer O'Neill Europe.
- Responsible for yearly plans for O’Neill Europe social media channels, PR/Influencer campaigns, global and European riders activations, Ocean Mission partnerships and activations, sponsor partnerships
- Execute seasonal commercial calendar to bring the product, sports and sustainable stories to market.
- Day to day relationship management with media, sponsor partners, influencers, agencies and venues, including managing the briefing process to our internal creative services and external agency partners.
- Communicate and coordinate brand activation campaigns and events for market place / consignment partners, wholesale accounts, and sponsor and media partners together with trade marketing team.
- Lead the day to day management and delivery across projects and events at for example hotspots, O’Neill Beach Locations, media initiatives.
- Manage the day to day budget and approval process of marketing and communication assets with (senior) management; rights holders (sponsoring) and customers (account marketing), legal- and product teams.
- Maintain agendas, status reports and presentations for weekly and monthly commercial calendar meetings with interdepartmental teams (e.g. Ecom, Sales, Merchandising).
- Proactively contribute to the marketing team objective of creating maximum leverage for O’Neill’s storytelling and story doing, through (digital) amplification of content and PR / media opportunities.
- Work closely with the Ecom team, to plan and measure the effectiveness of all digital brand marketing activities.
Who you are:
- Educational level: HBO/University, ideally Masters
- 5 – 7 years of experience in the field of Marketing, social media and PR with at least 2 year of managing a team
- Proven affinity with the field O’Neill operates in
- Fluent in English (verbal and written), additional languages is a plus
- Demonstrate clear understanding of the sports- and active lifestyle retail as well as a solid understanding of the change in trends and online platforms for the consumption of our product, content and events.
- Experience in managing top tier retail / wholesale accounts from either a brand, account’s or Ecom perspective is a plus.
- Track record of contracting, managing, briefing and evaluating sports talent, influencers and ambassadors.
- Broad experience in delivering a range of consumer and customer programs across experiential, hospitality, digital and social, PR and content creation.
- Ability and passion to work across multiple markets and countries all with their own stakeholders, objectives, laws and cultural differences.
- Financially astute, with a clear ability to manage, track and report complex budgets.
- Highly motivated and energetic with a desire to deliver all work to an exceptional standard.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Flexible with attention to detail and where needed, practical ability
- Ability to react, problem solve, flex and deal with unscripted circumstances whilst maintaining composure at all times.
- Willing to travel and enjoy working in new environments with an eclectic group of people.
Who will you work for?
Since the invention of the wetsuit in 1952, O’Neill has moved the world forward. What started in California with the passion of one man simply wanting to surf longer, grew into a worldwide company with signature surf, slope, beach and street styles. Today, 50% of the O’Neill collection is crafted with sustainable fabrics. One team working together towards one goal: to provide active and meaningful experiences to an ever-growing community. To make this goal thrive, the O’Neill Blue Foundation protects our playground for generations to come.
Please send in your resume and motivation letter by using the apply button below.