It's an amazing time to join O’Neill as we are riding the wave of change. Rise to your potential and help us take our legacy into the future.
Are you an experienced production planner and result-orented? Do you have a positive personality and a keen eye for planning and organization? And would you like to work for The Original California Surf brand O’Neill? Then we are looking for you!
Full time - 40 hours per week
As production planner, you will supply and manufacture the planning. In this role you will be part of the Product Team and will report to the Manager Production & Sourcing.
- Optimizing the execution of demand and supply requirements related to capacity planning and timing;
- Ensure the perfect timing of purchase decisions, considering risk and delivery performance according to requested shop floor delivery dates and optimized transport cost;
- True manufacturing is executed by 3rd party suppliers, the execution is controlled by local buying offices;
- The supply & Manufacturing planner executes from the SMS process until delivery/handover of products (incl. documentation and according packing instructions) from the supplier to the LSP at the port of origin.
You are responsible for all the vendor actions:
- Integration of vendor actions in supply / capacity plan and execute / coordinate the actions; to achieve the required vendor portfolio / -capacity agreements and – performance;
- Monitoring the execution of the product development vendor allocation plan and –status and report discrepancies to the S&M manager;
- Manage the vendor capacity plan on a seasonal / month basis after start sales season;
- Adjustments of capacity reservations at vendor after start sales season;
- Validate handover of purchase agreements, supplier master data from product development and complete files.
You are responsible for the S&OP:
- Analysis demand plan before S&OP meeting and buying moments. In order to update purchase agreements and capacity planning based on demand/forecast with vendors. Provide demand reports to buyer/developer for FOB price analysis and eventual supplier price-negotiation;
- Attend S&OP meeting and decide on buying;
- Execution of greige material / fabric booking with nominated material suppliers or vendors;
- Validate and adjust P.O proposals;
- Execution of final P.O to vendor via Tradecard;
- Manage the P.O change/confirmation process via TC adjustment process;
- Set delivery tolerance schedule for production control (authorization);
- Monitor the P.O execution and manage delivery exception report from production control;
- Ensure the timely availability of packing instructions at the vendor (pre-allocation);
- Review transport modes and change after S&MM approval;
- Approval for out of tolerance OTIF deliveries (authorization) from production control;
- Manage and control OTIF claim procedure.
Who you are?
- Bachelor degree in fashion and manufacturing - and purchasing;
- 3 to 5 years International purchase / manufacturing experience;
- Extensive planning and purchasing working experience & concepts knowledge
- Logistics IT knowledge;
- Excellent verbal and written in English language and known with Asian cultures;
- Business development & continuous improvement skills
- Willingness to travel.
Who will you work for?
Since the invention of the wetsuit in 1952, O’Neill has moved the world forward. What started in California with the passion of one man simply wanting to surf longer, grew into a worldwide company with signature surf, slope, beach and street styles. Today, 50% of the O’Neill collection is crafted with sustainable fabrics. One team working together towards one goal: to provide active and meaningful experiences to an ever-growing community. To make this goal thrive, the O’Neill Blue Foundation protects our playground for generations to come.
Please send in your resume and motivation letter by using the apply button below.