It's an amazing time to join O’Neill as we are riding the wave of change. Rise to your potential and help us take our legacy into the future.
Do you have a strong passion for garment construction and are you looking for a challenging new position? Do you have a positive personality and a strong background in women's swim? Do you have a completed MBO or HBO education in fashion (textiles/garments) with 3-5 years of experience? And would you like to work for The Original California Surf brand O’Neill? Then we are looking for you!
Full time - 40 hours per week
As a Garment Technician, you will be responsible for achieving the best technical and aesthetical fit for an O’Neill garment (supported by digital 3D garment simulation), for assuring the workmanship and fabric quality (mechanical & chemical) are in line with O’Neill quality & CSR standards. You will be a team member of product creation process at O’Neill in close collaboration with design & buying to maximize the women’s and swim collection.
The role is based in Warmond (nearby Leiden) and reports to the Head of Production, Sourcing and 3D Technician
1. Manages and execute the garment process to ensure the fit, workmanship, fabric quality (mechanical & chemical) for all products, such that:
- The best technical and aesthetical fit for the O’Neill garment is achieved;
- The O’Neill quality standards for the products are ensured; with our CSR guidelines of O’Neill Ocean Mission into mind
- The mechanical/ chemical/workmanship standards across all products are maintained;
- Buyers & designers are coached concerning the execution of the highest O’Neill fitting/pattern/quality standards;
- Quality and fit claims are minimalized.
- Partners with Design and Buying to offer optimal product engineering options to meet design intent and margin targets for new fits and constructions
2. Drives the risk assessment of products with a focus on fit and quality, such that:
- Technical and commercial recommendations and decisions can be made in a timely manner;
- Quality and fit claims are minimalized;
- Problems can be solved in an early stadium.
3. Maintains the O’Neill requirements and relevant manuals/plans, such that:
- A healthy and well-functioning product process is ensured;
- The fitting- and quality of sampling and production are made according O’Neill’s standards and requested design
4. Works closely with the buying & design of the relevant gender product categories, such that:
- The correct ‘block fit’ for each developed style is selected and on style level the correct size specs are defined
- The fit meetings are organized and executed and (if needed) the size specs and grading are adjusted, and the construction and workmanship comments are given
- The fabric quality, workmanship, market requirements, (child) safety regulations and efficient manufacturing possibilities are assured and optimized;
- Product creation process is maximized to support Marketing and Commercial counterparts
- Returns and/ or complaints are investigated and determined
Who you are?
- Educational level: Bachelor degree or similar with a focus on textile & garments
- At least 3-5 year of experience in Apparel and/or Sportswear industry with a strong background in women's swim
- Knowledge of fitting/development programs is essential
- Pattern knowledge is desirable
- Advanced user of PLM system, MS Office Word/ Excel/ Power point/ Clo-3D is desirable
- Strong background in women’s swim is essential. Outerwear knowledge is desirable
- Technical/ professional knowledge: product development skills
- Excellent verbal and written language skills in English
- Capable of working in a dynamic international environment and good communication skills: E-mail, phone and video conference communication with agents and suppliers
- You are a positive team player with a no nonsense mentality who can perform under pressure.
Who will you work for?
Since the invention of the wetsuit in 1952, O’Neill has moved the world forward. What started in California with the passion of one man simply wanting to surf longer, grew into a worldwide company with signature surf, slope, beach and street styles. Today, 50% of the O’Neill collection is crafted with sustainable fabrics. One team working together towards one goal: to provide active and meaningful experiences to an ever-growing community. To make this goal thrive, the O’Neill Blue Foundation protects our playground for generations to come.
Please send in your resume, motivation letter and PORTFOLIO by using the apply button below.