(Senior) Key Account Manager
Are you the (Senior) Key Account Manager that will drive the development of the O'Neill brands' business across Europe and assigned customer portfolio across all business models (wholesale, consignment, hybrid) and channels (online, offline). Then we are looking for you!
The role is focused on driving business opportunities with the most relevant strategic partners and as such, is pivotal to developing and executing cutting edge strategic business plans in conjunction with multiple functions (internally) and external partners. The remit is to drive significant profitable market share growth, brand awareness towards consumers as well as sell-through at our strategic partners.
As (Senior) Key Account Manager your responsibilities will be:
Manages and maintains the European key accounts, such that:
- Functional: To drive the development of the O'Neill brands' business across Europe and assigned Customer portfolio
- Own the full scope of the O’Neill-at-customer-business including wholesale, consignment and hybrid business models (incl. topline and bottom line KPIs, such as P+L)
- Support development of the account strategies, formalization by Strategic Account and Seasonal Account Plans and get sign-off by Superior
- Be ambassador and driver for joint long-term Strategic Business and Category Plans, be expert in understanding the Customer's business and ensure Account Fact Books are maintained and updated on time and accurate
- To sell-in and agree on sell-out support and ensure formalization of the divisional Plan in conjunction with support of the Account Marketing and Merchandising teams
- To ensure continuous monitoring of sell-out and the order book as well as well as cost effective and reliable supply / delivery for the account
- To work within the agreed O'Neill trade terms and within the agreed distribution framework with assigned customer
- Represent assigned accounts internally as ambassador towards sales and marketing communities on European and local level, manage all interfaces
- Controlling: Measure progress on own KPIs. Report to all superiors along guidelines (KAM standard reports) and monitor all reports. Monitor and report on customers and competitors activities and propose/initiate/take actions. Provide realistic plans and forecasts on customer performance and ensure customer compliance with agreements
- Assigned projects are implemented from conception through to successful execution;
Monitors and manages the execution of the brand strategy in all product segments, such that:
- defined Sales and profit budget of assigned customer portfolio is achieved;
- Trade Terms of assigned customer portfolio are compliantly executed;
- Projects assigned (if applicable) are planned and executed on time in full;
- Communication to Sales teams, cross-functional teams and leadership is pro-actively executed;
- Customer specific Strategic Plans and Seasonal Plans are developed and shared;
- Awareness and credibility with the key clients is build;
- The goals and targets are achieved;
- New product lines are presented;
- High customer satisfaction ratings are maintained;
- Performance of strategic plans are monitored and evaluated;
Prepares business cases, such that:
- Business cases are validated correctly;
- Financial decisions are guided;
- Compliance to internal policies is ensured.
Who are you?
In the best case, you are not only an empathetic, determined leader, who is strong in following up but also an structured, organized team player that is adaptive to different cultures/situations, highly resilience with excellent presentation skills. Further, you preferably have:
- 5 to 8 years relevant work experience
- University degree (required) preferably on Business or Sports Economics, International Management, Marketing and/or Sales
- Industry experience preferably Sports, FMCG. Strong industry knowledge across footwear, apparel and accessories or FMCG background
- Language skills: English business (necessary),
- Functional: well-rounded Sales expertise (Market + above-market) and project management skill set, strong skill set in Online / eCommerce and digital business models, on top ideally Marketing, Operations, Financial, and/or HR capabilities. Ability to develop and implement strategy. Ability to analyze data and improve strategic decision making and implementation
- Budget: Assigned Customer / Sales group Budget
- Personal: team-player, empathetic, determined, strong in follow up, structured, organized, adaptive to different cultures/situations, high resilience, integrative, excellent presentation skills. Proven leadership experience. Strong communication skills: written and oral
- Other: Advanced in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
You will directly report to the Director of European Key Accounts and Sales Development.
Whom will you work for?
O’Neill, the original California surf, snow and lifestyle brand, was founded in 1952 when a young man named Jack O’Neill took his unstoppable passion for surfing and used it to battle Mother Nature by inventing the wetsuit. He “just wanted to surf longer”. Jack’s initial vision of producing functional and innovative board riding products continues to lie at the core of everything the company does. Even today, our collection of casual, swim and active wear is inspired by our love for the ocean.
It is a challenging position in a dynamic and young environment. We have short communication lines, encourage new ideas and offer a creative place to work.
Please send in your resume and motivation letter by using the apply button below.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.