It's an amazing time to join O’Neill as we are riding the wave of change. Rise to your potential and help us take our legacy into the future.
Fulltime - 40 hours per week
Warmond (nearby Leiden)
The Marketplace Manager is responsible for driving growth with assigned strategic partners and marketplaces across Europe, such as Zalando, About You or Amazon. By developing and executing cutting edge e-commerce go-to-market strategies and tactics across all channels the role will focus on ensuring sales, profit and a consumer experience objectives are met. The candidate will be accountable to drive success through all relevant business models (wholesale, direct-to-consumer and consignment) and across all relevant channels where applicable (online, offline). Developing and executing annual, quarterly and monthly business plans is integral part of the role.
As Marketplace Manager your key accountabilities will be:
Accountable for assigned marketplaces and partners at O’Neill, such that:
- Seamless communication for external and internal stakeholders is ensured;
- O’Neill brand proposition, long-term goals, short-term tactics are represented towards partners;
- Partner proposition, objectives, needs and relevant insights are represented to stakeholders at O’Neill ;
- Consumer-centric, integrated channel approach is executed across all relevant business models (wholesale, direct-to-consumer and consignment) and across all relevant channels (online, offline);
- O’Neill trade terms and commercial policies are compliantly executed;
- Sales, profit and consumer experience objectives are met.
Develop and execute long-/mid/short-term business plans, such that:
- Consumer, country, category, channel and competitor opportunity is exploited;
- Annual, quarterly, monthly, weekly objectives and key results are formalized, agreed with partner and internal;
- Pre-season planning process captures following areas: analyze consumer/market and growth potential, historical data, financial budget setting and forecasting, assortment creation in conjunction with product function, key milestone planning with all relevant stakeholders, marketing activation and promotions, input to commercial calendar;
- In-season plans are adjusted where demand or market dynamics require.
Deliver results with and across teams as per defined growth plans, such that:
- All stakeholders are effectively involved, informed and steered towards agreed activities (e.g stakeholders of ‘integrated marketplace team’: sales, marketing, product merchandising, planning & allocation, customer service, logistics, business control);
- Pre-season plans are effectively executed for both DTC partners B2B customers (where relevant execute pre-order selling process);
- In-season trading process is effectively executed, e.g. delivery, sell-out monitoring, replenishment, pricing, promotional activities, sponsored products, product lifecycle management and end-of-season stock liquidation;
- Drive execution of the commercial calendar at assigned marketplaces.
Monitor performance, analyze results and communicate, such that:
- Results are evaluated and shared pro-actively with all stakeholders, e.g. to superiors, customers, peers;
- Monthly / post-season analysis is prepared and communicated to all stakeholders in order to learn, improve and adjust direction where needed;
- Continuous monitoring of sell-out and the order book;
- Compliance to internal policies is ensured.
Additional assignments and leadership:
- Assigned projects are implemented from conception through to successful execution (if applicable);
- Prepare business cases, e.g. country expansion P+L analysis, new business model integration;
- Integrated (cross-functional) team members are effectively steered towards marketplace goals.
Who are you?
We are looking for an energetic and internationally oriented Marketplace Manager with 3 - 6 years relevant work experience, preferably in an international, changing, and fast-growing environment. In the best case, you are not only an empathetic, determined person, who is strong in following up but also an structured, organized team player that is adaptive to different cultures/situations, highly resilience with excellent presentation skills.
Further, you preferably have:
- University degree (required) preferably on Business or Sports Economics, International Management, Marketing and/or Sales;
- Industry experience preferably Sports, Fashion, apparel, footwear;
- Well-rounded Sales expertise (Market + above-market) and project management skillset;
- Strong skillset in Online / eCommerce, direct-to-consumer and digital business models, on top ideally Marketing, Operations, Financial, and/or HR capabilities;
- Ability to develop and implement strategy;
- Ability to analyze data and improve strategic decision making and implementation;
- You are fluent in English and further languages preferred.
Other: Advanced in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Whom will you work for?
O’Neill, the original California surf, snow and lifestyle brand, was founded in 1952 when a young man named Jack O’Neill took his unstoppable passion for surfing and used it to battle Mother Nature by inventing the wetsuit. He “just wanted to surf longer”. Jack’s initial vision of producing functional and innovative board riding products continues to lie at the core of everything the company does. Even today, our collection of casual, swim and active wear is inspired by our love for the ocean.
What do we offer?
- A challenging position in an international, dynamic and young environment
- Short communication lines and a creative place to work
- Health & Wellbeing program, for example HIIT & Yoga opportunities in the office
- Monday Morning Moment which include a nice breakfast
- Your own department fish in our O'Neill aquarium
- 25% staff discount
Please send in your resume and motivation letter by using the apply button below.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.