We’re looking for a Design intern that lives and breathes the surf and snow lifestyle, and is ready for the challenge of working within the world’s first surf company.
O’Neill, the original Californian surf, snow and lifestyle brand, was founded in 1952 and can be found all over the world. O’Neill Europe is responsible for the design of the European collection, sourcing of the collection in the Far East and sales throughout Europe, partly through wholly owned subsidiaries and partly through distributors. The company is headquartered in Warmond, the Netherlands.
What are your tasks and responsibilities?
Be part of the Product department and work with the design team on developing and growing O’Neill’s product business. An internship in this department gives you the opportunity to develop your personal competencies and skills, while understanding design and interaction with Product, Production and other departments within O’Neill.
Your areas of responsibility will be as follows:
- Prepare color inspiration boards for kick off & presentation;
- Develop exciting styles;
- Use fresh energetic artwork & print offer aligned with the teams;
- Drive innovation & sustainability within the O’Neill product team;
- Work with production teams on specific design needs;
- Research trends (both high fashion and commercial) & share findings with the design team;
- Help build technical design sheets for the styles across the range;
- Work as a team on daily updates to re-energize the range through new shapes, fabric, trims & print program.
What are we looking for?
- A motivated student with a design background or education;
- A student with fluent English language skills;
- Availability for a minimum of 6 months, starting in June 2021;
- You’re experienced in Adobe Illustrator. You don't need to be the best, but we really need someone who knows their way round the program.
- You pay attention to detail, you have some crazy ideas and you’re eager to learn;
What does O’Neill offer?
- A full time internship (32-40h) in an international environment within the Fashion & Sport industry
- Professional coaching and guidance
- A fun, open and informal environment
- An internship allowance
How to apply?
- Write a short motivation letter specifying:
- The period in which you are able to intern;
- Upload your CV, motivation letter and if possible your portfolio by clicking the below link
* You must be a student during the internship (enrolled in a university/higher education institution)