An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for surf brand O'Neill as PR & Social Media Manager in the Netherlands (Warmond - nearby Leiden).
The PR & Social Media Manager is responsible for driving the strategic internal and external communication of the brand.
The PR & Social Media Manager will own all the activity with media, influencers, and social channels to drive awareness and understanding of O’Neill’s brand, its products, campaigns and athletes (as well as O’Neill’s sustainability program - Ocean Mission).
As the PR & Social Media Manager, you will create and broaden relationships with media and influencers on established and emerging platforms. You will help us find new relationships amongst the communities that share our love for surf and board sports and lead our efforts to find new ways to tell our stories.
You will bring energy, ideas and an appetite to bring a fresh tone of voice to the surf world.
Your key accountabilities:
- Create and execute social media, Influencers, PR and Paid Media strategy to drive brand awareness, engagement and advocacy.
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests for campaigns, products, athletes and corporate topics.
- Monitor and analyze social media and PR results.
- Manage Internal Communication platforms and engage with O’Neill external community to foster a positive online and in person (events) interaction.
- Identify and communicate with up-and-coming social influencers and creators.
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships and sponsorships.
- Create Social Media content briefs for internal creative team, external agencies and athletes.
- Work closely with internal key stakeholders to align on messaging and find efficiencies in communication activities.
- Identify and drive pro-active stories.
- Be on top of latest trends in the worlds of social media and PR, with curiosity to explore new tactics.
- Manage a social media and PR budget.
- Manage a Social Media intern.
Who are you?
We are looking for a self-motivated, positive team player and passionate about surf, snow and/or active outdoor sports with around 4-5 years relevant work experience, preferably within the Retail & Sports/Lifestyle industry.
Further, you preferably have:
- Educational level: Bachelor or Similar in Marketing, PR, and Communications.
- At least 4-5 years’ experience in similar role
- Experience in media relations and has developed a network of media contacts in surf, sports, design, and cultural platforms.
- Experience in having delivered creative social media, influencer, PR and paid media campaigns that have generated significant impact and pushed the boundaries.
- Experience in writing messages and copy adapted to social media and PR channels.
- Excellent media relations skills with a proven ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills including the ability to understand and deliver a select number of impactful and engaging stories with relevant meaning to our consumers.
- A creative and innovative personality that is always thinking outside of the box and has an eye for visual aesthetics (video editing skills and Adobe Creative Suite knowledge as an advantage).
- Experience in localizing global content for a local execution
- Fluent in English, additional languages are preferred.
- Positive and collaborative team player with a no-nonsense mentality who can perform under pressure.
- Results oriented, driven in taking own initiative, hands-on and can navigate an agile environment.
- Project management experience, with excellent organizational skills, skilled in multi-tasking, delivering with timelines, adapting quickly to change.
- Self-starter who is dedicated and demonstrates creative and critical thinking abilities.
- Strong story telling ability.
- Enjoys responsibilities and challenges to get things done.
What do we offer?
- A challenging position in an international, dynamic and young environment;
- Short communication lines and a creative place to work;
- A Health & Wellbeing program, for example HIIT & Yoga opportunities in the office and an Individual Wellbeing budget to spend;
- 25 holidays, with an option to ‘buy’ 5 extra;
- Monday Morning Moment with a croissant, lunch treats during the week and fruit;
- 25% staff discount.
Who will you work for?
O'Neill was founded in Northern California with one simple mission—to surf longer. Over seven decades later, that mission remains at the core of our brand, inseparable from the history of surf itself. Powered by ongoing innovation, we continue to reinvent the O'Neill wetsuit—the original wetsuit, a game-changing invention—and design functional and versatile surf- and snow-gear and lifestyle apparel that enables our customers to enjoy their playground longer. As a brand created to enjoy nature, we see it as our responsibility to actively preserve it and contribute to a cleaner, more sustainable world. Our Ocean Mission is how we stay close to Jack O'Neill's original words: "The ocean is alive, and we've got to take care of it".
At O'Neill, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, or any other protected basis as defined by applicable law. We strongly encourage both women and men to apply for positions within our company. We also welcome applications from individuals who are seeking employment after a long career break or any type of leave.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.